Tuesday 10 September 2013

DIY Baby Nursery Wallart


Using various materials that I found around our place, I made this wall art for our little princess's bedroom this weekend.  With a piece of plywood, some scrap paper and felt, toilet paper rolls and puff paint we brought some warmth to the otherwise cold concrete wall behind her crib.
 First, I cut out three birds from felt scraps to represent our growing family.  I then bent toilet paper rolls in half and cut 1/4 inch slices to create leaves and cut 1/4 inch lengthwise strips from other rolls to create stems. I lay these out in a pattern to create branches for the birds to sit on. 


Next, using some scraps of paper (from various wedding related projects) as well as some maps of places that my husband and I have travelled together I cut out shapes to create a graphic pattern in the background.  I glued these down with watered down craft glue before gluing down the leaf and stem pattern and finally the felt birds.


With fabric puff paint I filled in some leaves to bring in some color and finally, sprayed the entire piece with a high gloss clear spray-paint.










No comments:

Post a Comment