Tuesday 3 September 2013

Baked Chicken Meatball Recipe

As dinner hour approaches I sometimes find myself at a loss for ideas for meals that taste good, are affordable and that my husband will enjoy enough to want to take to work for lunch the next day. We have a fairly spicy palate in my home, I introduced my better half to jalapenos and he has never looked back, so please feel free to adjust to your taste.  That said these meatballs are great with pasta, on a sandwich or over rice with tomato sauce.  I hope you enjoy!


 Ingredients - 
1 Pound Ground Chicken (turkey would work just as well)
1 Jalapeno
1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
1 Tablespoon Basil
1 Egg
(Optional) 1/4 Cup Cheese of any kind

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Add chicken to a mixing bowl and all other ingredients to a blender.  Blend until pepper is finely diced.  Add blender mix to chicken and fold into meat (do not over mix or chicken will cook to be quite dense).
Using two spoons create approximately 20 meatballs on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 18-20 minutes or until liquid from meat runs clear. 

At this point I add the meatballs to a homemade (or store bought tomato sauce) and simmer for 20 minutes so the meat takes on the sauces flavors. Overall this creates a quick and easy meal that we enjoy over at least two meals.




No comments:

Post a Comment